Medela: Calma 150ml - 1pc
Breastfeeding is always best for your baby, but sometimes it is not possible to breastfeed naturally. Calma is an alternative to breastfeeding for mothers wishing to feed their babies with breastmilk.
- Enables babies to maintain their natural feeding behaviour learned on the breast.
- Babies can drink, breathe and pause regularly.
- Supports an easy transition from the breast to the teat and back.
- One size is sufficient for the entire breastfeeding period, just as in nature.
- The unique feeding solution for your baby - we recommend introducing a teat when breastfeeding is established
Calma - the unique breastmilk teat for your baby
For a mother looking for a solution to feed her child breastmilk, Calma is ideal. Calma was developed based on the results of our studies with the University of Western Australia. That's why Calma is the unique teat for babies who are being breastfed with breastmilk, as it allows them to suck, swallow and breathe, as learned on the breast. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma, the baby has to create a vacuum for breastmilk to flow. As soon as the baby pauses, the flow is stopped, this is also the way with breastfeeding.
Similar as with breastfeeding, your baby can
- drink, pause and breathe in its natural rhythm,
- create its individual vacuum through a combination of tongue and jaw movements,
- retain its natural way of sucking, which supports an easy transition from breastfeeding to feeding breastmilk with Calma and back to the breast.